Thinking About Going Under The Knife?
It is becoming more and more common for people to look for an anti-aging solution. Many people think surgery is the only way to slow down the natural aging process. However, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. It is becoming more apparent that there are many other things one can do naturally to slow down the aging process. Many experts are starting to say foods that are high in anti-oxidants contain anti-aging compounds.
Proper Diet is a Must
When we refer to aging, we are not only talking about aesthetics in the face and body, but also internal functions like memory, development of diseases, cancer, aging of the heart, and a number of other things. Our diet is probably the most important thing we can do to positively influence our aging. The sooner you start, the more benefit. If someone has a regular diet of fatty unhealthy foods, they may find themselves aging much quicker than someone who makes sure they get plenty of fruits and other anti-oxidant rich foods everyday. In order to slow down the aging process, you may need to make some lifestyle changes. You should regularly be getting a lot of anti-oxidants from fruits and other sources to make the biggest impact in the aging process.
Fruits and vegetables that are rich in color are a good indicator of a well rounded anti aging food. Fish is also a great food that has tons of benefits to your health. It has a lot of anti-inflammatory properties and contains the omega-3s that will help your joints, heart health, memory, fat loss, and much more.
Other Aging Factors
Diet is not the only important thing when it comes to anti-aging. There are also other factors like UV rays, immune system, and stress that can all contribute to aging. Limiting your sun exposure and taking proper measures to protect your skin should all be implemented in to your lifestyle. Your immune system needs to be strong in order to slow down aging. This can be done through good diet and exercise.
If you make healthy choices regularly, you will be ahead of most when it comes to overall health and aging.
Hair loss is a common occurrence in both men and women. It can be caused by a number of different things. It is most commonly sue to aging and changes to hormones. However, it can also be caused by some diseases.
Hair loss in Men
50 percent of men typically begin to bald around the age of 30. By the age of 60, most men have at the very least, a balding pattern. This type of hair loss is a result of genetics. Some men produce a lot more dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT disrupts the normal growing pattern and causes hair follicles to die off. Either parent can pass the gene that causes baldness in men contrary to the popular belief that says it is passed from the father.
Hair loss for women
Although women can certainly lose a lot of hair, they typically do not go bald. This is because they lack the testosterone hormone. The effect of hormones in men is what causes them to bald and develop the balding pattern that is so common. When women lose hair, it is typically all over the scalp instead of a pattern like men. This can cause the hair to appear thin.
One of the more common causes of hair loss in women is hypothyroidism. If a women is having thyroid problems, it is not uncommon for their hair to thin out.
Women may also experience hair loss after child birth. Hair usually returns back to its normal state anywhere from 6 months to a couple years after giving birth.
Other Causes for Hair Loss
There are a number of other things besides aging and heridity that can cause hair loss. Physical or emotional stress can also cause your hair to fall out. You may notice a lot of hair coming out when your are washing your hair in the shower, or combing. It can take weeks or even months for this to occur after a stressful event.
Other things that can cause this kind of hair loss:
- Child Birth
- Blood loss
- Lack of Protein (ie. Crash diets)
- Birth Control
There is a divide between women who want bigger breasts and don’t mind going under the knife and women who will absolutely not get surgery, but still want bigger breasts. To keep up with the popular desire to increase breast size naturally, there are many ideas and products out there that claim excellent results. However, the question remains, “Is natural breast enhancement possible?”
When I start to think about ways women can enhance breast size naturally, the first thing that comes to mind is to increase body fat percentage. It is scientifically accurate to say that yes, increasing overall body fat percentage will also increase breast size. As body fat is gained, some of the fatty tissue will be stored in the breast area. This is a very natural approach. Unfortunately, the big downside as you will likely gain fat in less desirable areas at the same time and gaining too much body fat can be bad for your health. In addition, genetics would play a large role in determining how much fatty tissue is stored in the breast area. So for most women, this option would be completely off the table.
The next option for natural breast enhancement is to research the many different herbs that claim to increase size. One big upside to choosing the supplemental route is that they are a much less expensive option. They are also a much safer method because the risks that come with having surgery are non-existent and there are no side effects. While there are no published scientific journals proving that natural breast enhancement supplements work, there are many testimonials from people who claim they do work so it might be worth looking into. Just make sure you have done a lot of research, understand the ingredients of the product, and have talked to a doctor before giving it a shot.
A New Way for Natural Breast Enhancement? Continue reading
The majority of us snore from time to time, but if it is something that happens often it can have a negative impact on the quality of the sleep you are getting. In fact, you might not be getting enough sleep if you snore often. If you find yourself lacking energy during the day time, the root of the problem might be that you snore during your sleep.
Not only does snoring lead to personal problems, it can also be annoying for other family members and maybe even the dog. Snoring can lead to relationship problems when it seems that the only cure for the snoring is for you and your partner to sleep in separate rooms. Fortunately, there are many options for putting the snoring to an end all together.
What Is The Cause Of Snoring?
A person snores when their airways through the nose and mouth become too narrow for the air to go through smoothly. Not everyone snores for the same reasons. Some people have too much throat or nasal tissue while others might just have a seasonal case of allergies. Many other causes of snoring include:
- The age of the person. as adults age their throat eventually starts to become more narrow and the muscles in the throat becomes softer.
- Your genetics. Some people are more prone to snoring because they have a more narrow passage then other people. Ever notice how men seem to snore more than women? This is because men often have a more narrow passage. Snoring is also something that can run in the family because hereditary characteristics that contribute to snoring.
- Being overweight. A person who is overweight will have more fat tissue obstructing the airways which leads to snoring.
- Alcohol and medications can also lead to snoring as the muscle in your throat becomes more relaxed.
- The way you sleep. People who sleep on their backs are more likely to be snorers since the tissue in your throat relaxes and gets in the way of airflow.
- Sinus issues cause you to have more trouble inhaling which can cause you to snore.
Finding A Solution
There are many solutions to snoring. Some involve using products such as the snoring mouthpiece or even machines while other solutions can be a matter of making a few lifestyle changes. The key to solving the snoring problem for good is to find out what is causing the snoring problem in the first place.
Top 3 Ways To Stop Snoring
If you are unsure of what the cause is then start out with the basics. Here are the top 3 changes you can make on your own to stop snoring: Continue reading
Many women look at breast enhancement pills as an option if they cannot afford breast enlargement surgery. If you decide to go down this route, it is important to research the company and compare the ingredients to find the most effective one. This means that you should read reviews and search for a company that has been in business for a longer period of time. A reputable company that has been in business for years is still in business for a reason.
Research the Ingredients
Different People, Different Results
A pill may work great for one person, but have a less noticeable effect on another. This is a common occurrence with any kind of medicine; everyone will experience different results from different products.
Caffeine can actually interfere with the effectiveness of breast enhancement pills. The reason for this is that it the caffeine throws off the hormonal balance that will allow your breasts to grow. Smoking is also not recommended by taking enhancement pills.
Follow the guidelines
It is important to remember to follow the guidelines of the pill you are taking to get the best results. You should be sure to adhere to the right schedule and timings. Taking the pills at the wrong times or the wrong dosage could very likely yield undesirable results.
Do they Really Work? Continue reading
Energy is essential in our high speed, sleep deprived world. It seems almost impossible to keep up s with the constant demands of our daily lives. This causes many people to wonder how they can boost their energy levels to get through the day.
1. Get enough sleep. This may seem obvious, but the trick is to get enough sleep, without getting too much.
2. Wake up at the right time. Studies have shown that waking up at certain periods during your sleep cycle, such as while you are experiencing light sleep vs. deep sleep or REM sleep will allow you to wake up easier and more refreshed, no matter how much sleep you’ve gotten the night before (vs. waking up during deep or REM sleep.) There are now apps available on your smartphone that will allow you to set a time-frame to wake up, and will detect what part of your sleep cycle you are experiencing.
3. Get up when you wake up. Continue reading
The Chicken Pox is a very common, very contagions virus. Nearly 3 million people get it every year. Most commonly, it occurs with children under the age of 15, but there is no reason why an adult cannot get it. After getting the virus, most people are no longer susceptible to its symptoms when exposed to it again later in life. Because of how contagious the virus is, it is not uncommon to see groups of children getting the chicken pox at the same time, especially at school. This is very normal and can help avoid complications of contracting the virus later in life. Contracting the chicken pox during pregnancy for example can lead to birth complications or defects in the baby. There is a vaccine to help reduce the risk of contracting the chicken pox, however it is nowhere near 100% effective. Speak to your doctor if you have any questions regarding vaccination.
You will most likely know if your child contracts the chicken pox, though it is not unheard of for some children to have only a very mild case, which goes unnoticed. For most children, however, they are in for a bumpy (and itchy) ride. Continue reading
- Drink approximately 8 glasses of water per day. I know it seems like a huge amount, but even trying to come close to this amount will ensure that you are taking in enough to make your skin healthy. Soon after, you will begin to see results not only in your skin, but your entire body will begin to feel and look healthier.
- Wash your face. This seems like an obvious tip, but some people don’t realize when, or how often they should be washing their face. You don’t necessarily need any particular wash/scrub, just make sure you scrub your face, even if it is just with water and your hands before bed to get any makeup, dirt, and oils off that may have accumulated throughout the day. Also, you should wash your face in the morning when you wake up, as your pillow will help to spread around any sweat and oil that you accumulate throughout the night during sleep. Be careful not to over-wash your face, as you may wash away essential oils that keep your skin flexible, giving your skin the need to create an excess, clogging your pores and creating what you were trying to avoid to begin with: acne.
- Change your pillow cases often. Dirt tends to build up over periods of use on the pillow case. This of course is not good and can cause your acne to get worse. So make sure you change out dirty pillow cases with clean ones whenever you can. Try to do this at least 2-3 times per week.
- Recognize that hormonal changes will cause changes in your skin. Both men and women experience certain hormonal changes (some more than others) throughout the month, which may cause changes in your skin. It all depends on your individual body, but some may experience more oiliness, some more dryness, and many more acne. Don’t get discouraged and change your regimine too fast because of these changes, but give your skin some benefit of the doubt that it will clear up in time. Also, make sure that you follow tip 4, which is easy to break during times of frustration.
- Don’t pick/squeeze your acne. This isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule, as there are certain types of acne that you can get rid of in very specific ways, but overall, it’s a good tip to follow. Spending time trying to get rid of a pimple that just needs time in order to disperse will only inflame the area, make it look worse, possibly cause pain, take more time to heal, and could possibly scar, leaving a permanent mark.
- Go to a dermatologist. If your acne is really bad and nothing seems to do the trick then a dermatologist will give you a recommendation or prescription to see if your skin improves.